Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Entry #4

Internal Conflict- '"When I think of the hell I've put chaps through. I'm paying for it all now.' 'Don't talk like a fool,' I said. 'Besides, what happened to me is supposed to be funny. I never think about it.'" (page 34).

Okay so at this point in time I am really not liking Brett. She says she wants to be with Jake and she tries to have a relationship with him, but as soon as they get too close she backs down and claims she can't be with him. To me, this is absolutely ridiculous! If she is truly that selfish then I don't think she deserves anyone.

When she is having this conversation with Jake, she reveals the internal conflict she is having to the audience. She feels that because her and Jake 'can't be together' she is being punished for all the horrible things she has done to other men. I agree with her totally and completely; this is one time she is actually right! I guess karma actually is real- what comes around goes around!

1 comment: